In cosmetics or beauty articles, we often mention pH, pH balance for the skin, low pH, high pH, etc. So do we women understand the pH of our skin well? And Miss Tram - Natural Beauty Center learn through articles about Acid Mantle Membrane on the skin.
Mantle Acid Membrane – Important But Unnoticed
1. What is the pH?
pH is the unit used to determine the alkalinity or acidity of any product or medium. The pH is divided into 14 levels from 1-14, a pH less than 7 will be acidic (the smaller the pH, the stronger the acidity), and a pH greater than 7 will be alkaline (the higher the pH, the more alkaline it is). strong), water is neutral because pH=7.
The environment in each part of our body has a different pH: saliva and blood have a pH of approximately 7 (neutral), the stomach has a pH of 1 (strong acid), and the skin has an average pH of 5.5 ( mild acid).
2. What is Mantle Acid Membrane and why is it important?
Everyone's skin has a natural thin film on the surface created by the sebaceous and sweat glands to prevent most harmful bacteria from entering the skin. This membrane is called Acid Mantle Membrane.
Healthy skin with a mildly acidic mantle acid mantle (usually with a pH between 4.5-6.2) to prevent harmful bacteria, dehydration and external environmental influences.
The lower the pH in this range (pH 4.5-5.5), the more effectively the skin is protected. Therefore, the use of products with high pH will destroy the mantle acid mantle rapidly. In an alkaline environment (the pH is too high), the stratum corneum will become soft, fragmented and lose its ability to protect the skin. Therefore, bacteria easily invade, the skin will quickly become dry, flaky, sensitive and easy to acne. By now you probably understand why cosmetic companies often advertise products with the function of "balancing the skin's pH".
>>> Related posts: The secret to protect the skin in the summer - 6 basic principles to help skin care in summer to keep skin healthy and full of vitality.
According to research, common factors that affect the mantle acid mantle on the skin:
- Tap water (pH around 7.0)
- Washing powder (pH 7.0-9.0)
- Soap (pH above 7.0)
- Alkaline cosmetics
- UV rays
Normally, the skin will regain its acidity within a few hours, but in some cases it may take several days for the skin to recover. So, know how to take care of your skin properly to maintain the mantle acid mantle on the skin. Explore more Mistakes that damage the mantle acid mantle protects the skin affected
3. How to maintain the mantle acid mantle?
First, check the pH of the skin care products you're using. The easiest is to use litmus paper (bought at major bookstores) and check to see if your skin care products have a pH within a safe range for skin.
In addition, the following points should be noted:
- Do not use cleansers with a pH above 6.5.
- Use a toner with a pH of 3.0 - 4.0
- Do not wash your face more than twice a day.
- Do not exfoliate more than twice a week.
- Do not steam your face more than twice a week.
- The mask should only be applied for 15-25 minutes.
- Use skin moisturizing products.
- Do not change cosmetics too much in a short time that the skin cannot adapt.
- Always wear sunscreen when going out.
>>> Related posts: The Secret To Preventing Hyperpigmentation In Summer – Learn about skin pigmentation, the causes of hyperpigmentation and how to prevent it effectively.
* Note: Some specialized products with different functions have different pH "moisture balance" for the skin. With acne treatment products for oily skin, the purpose is to clean and limit oil secretion, so the pH in the product is high alkaline and will be in the range of 8-8.5. As for specialized products for dry skin, the pH will be lower from 4.5 to 5. So, learn carefully about suitable skin care products that still maintain the protective mantle acid mantle. skin please.
The mantle acid membrane is very important but not everyone pays attention, so please add your knowledge to better care and protect your skin. Hope this article will help you, Miss Tram - Natural Beauty Center Wish you have a youthful skin!
See More About News – Beauty Secrets Other Miss Tram - Natural Beauty Center: